We are a leading European software firm specializing in sales and marketing analytics, planning, and business intelligence. The US market is a strategic priority, and we are building a team to support and accelerate business growth.
Our Analytics practice revolves around our Marketing Effectiveness software tools. These software tools are used by large brands (and agencies) around the world. Our tools and services provide the foundation for a solid data-driven planning process.
What makes our company, and this role, unique is our business model. Fundamentally we are capability builders delivering analytics on demand. Our consultants are all trainers who can go from doing to teaching in the same conversation.
We are looking for a self-starter with a strong work ethic; a goal orientated person who will help us serve and grow a range of accounts in different industries. You will be expected to have a strong track record of helping large brands (either directly or via an agency) to measure and optimize their media and marketing activities – not just once but as part of an ongoing planning process.
From this role, you will get a rewarding and entrepreneurial environment where you can have a large impact on our bottom line, on the team culture, and in helping our clients achieve their commercial objectives. You will likely expand your breadth of experience as we work across multiple client verticals, and you will gain international exposure as we are a global team that works locally. If you are excited about the chance to both lead MMM projects as well as to train clients to build their own models, then ScanmarQED is a perfect fit.
What you will be doing
- Key account management: deliver excellent client servicing and management of continuous contract renewals for large clients. You will also know how to grow accounts.
- Partner with clients in answering business questions and solving business problems (sales and marketing), mostly in the areas of advertising, promotions, and pricing optimization. You will be comfortably answering technical questions about data and statistical techniques, but also leading strategic discussions around marketing planning and media budget setting.
- For our clients that use our software for in-house analysis, the consulting role is primarily a training and advisory role, teaching people how to use our tools as well as advising on the softer side of MMM- where to get data, how to communicate results, how to deal with problems, etc.
- Business Development and/or Upselling to existing accounts (depending on the tenure of the candidate). You will leverage your connections and industry reputation to help generate new leads and/or use your expertise to identify new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Internal Innovation: you will contribute to the development of our solutions by translating your client’s needs into potential software features.
- Management- as we grow the US team we expect this role to hire and manage more junior consultants.
Skills, talents, and experience you’ll need
You are currently leading, managing, and delivering Marketing Mix modeling projects. Despite your impressive experience and knowledge, you still get your hands dirty with data and models, and you still enjoy that side of things. You have experience with other analytical techniques such as Multi-Touch Attribution, but not necessarily hands-on experience building them. You are an excellent communicator who can explain complex analytics in simple concepts and words, especially to clients, sales, and businesspeople (non-statisticians).
- Qualifications – undergraduate degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or another highly numerate subject. Master’s or MBA preferred but not required.
- 4-10 years’ experience in marketing analytics, strategy, or marketing consulting, at least half of which were client-facing roles or the equivalent role “in-house”. In-house marketing analytics experience will be viewed as highly favorable.
Why work with us?
ScanmarQED offers a personal, innovative company combined with the challenges of international, top-notch customers. This means that you will work in an informal setting with a lot of personal attention and opportunities. We are a leading Software & Services company, specialized in the field of marketing and sales solutions. Our main three platforms are in the area of Marketing Mix Modelling, Brand Health Guidance, and Revenue Management Platforms. We have businesses and offices in Europe, UK, USA, and Asia.
- An attractive base salary commensurate with your skills and experience
- A variable compensation plan based on performance
- Company-sponsored health insurance and a 401k match
- Paid vacation days, company holidays, and the flexibility to manage your own work-life balance
- Although our US office is based in Chicago, we are open to remote team members (who are based in the US).
- Once travel restrictions are lifted we anticipate this role to require approximately 25% travel, more so if not based in Chicago. The majority of travel will be within the USA.
- At this time we are unable to sponsor visas, all candidates must have the legal right to work in the USA without employment-related sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including color, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
If you match the required skills and want to become part of our consulting team in the US, apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.