The lengthy decision-making process when buying a car can make it more difficult to attribute sales to particular sales and marketing activities when compared to most other sectors. However, this can successfully be achieved using ScanmarQED’s reporting and analytics software.
Our experience in this sector involves:
- helping the largest manufacturers to understand the drivers of new car sales
- helping to forecast demand for large trucks
- helping to plan inventory for spare parts
- understanding retail sales for used vehicles
The ScanmarQED suite of solutions answers questions such as “which factors are driving sales of our total master brand, as well as each individual model?” We can also help you answer questions such as “was the launch of a new model additive or did it cannibalize sales from existing models?” and further “which model should I feature in my creative executions to maximize the impact on the rest of the portfolio?”
Typical questions we address include:
- In which categories and customer segments should we be increasing and decreasing our investments to meet future goals?
- What are the biggest drivers of churn in our customer base and what options might we have to reduce this?
- How do I get a unified view of all the activities we’re engaging in – how do we get to a single point of truth?
- For which customers is my brand performing well? Why do we think this is?
- What is the ROI on marketing and media activities and what is it likely to be in the future? If we want to attract a different customer segment, what can we do from a marketing point-of-view to influence this?
- How can we influence sales through our indirect channels, such as partners or aggregators?
- Are my sales and promotional operations working effectively? Are my plans aligned to my objectives?
- What’s the latest forecast for sales by product or by segment and what can we do to increase this?
Additional questions such as “are model updates / innovations cost effective?” and “what is the impact of government initiatives, such as cash for exchanging a second-hand car for a new one?” can also be answered quickly and effectively.
ScanmarQED’s software tools can help you answer any of these questions, so contact us today and we’ll discuss options with you.