We are searching for an experienced senior expert in the field of data warehouse development. We are looking for someone with excellent problem-solving skills who can transform a single problem into a generic solution.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who will do the following:
- Support for development and maintenance of Oracle Data Warehouse (Oracle OLAP analytical workspaces) to support in-house development of a reporting tool
- Responsible for the successful delivery of business intelligence information to the entire organization and is experienced in Data Warehouse and BI development and implementations
- Gathering of business requirements and creating technical designs
- Designing, developing and supporting new and current ETL processes, employing industry standards and best practices to enhance loading of data from different sources into Oracle databases (both OLTP and OLAP)
- Providing support to the organization’s business requirements in the application and consumption of information from the Data Warehouse
- The applicant will be part of the team to review, analyze, modify, and create ETLs, testing, debugging integration, and implementation processes
- Documenting technical needs for ETL processes and databases, and ensuring optimal technical infrastructure is utilized
- Delivering huge data integration projects and would therefore require leveraging best practices expertise and experience at implementation, as well as effective technology know-how
The Objective of this Role
As a Data Warehouse Developer, you are, together with your data engineer colleagues responsible for the development of our data warehouse and the further design and development of our analytics architecture.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience
- Experienced SQL and PL/SQL developer on Oracle database platform
- Experienced OLAP DML developer on Oracle OLAP database platform or Oracle Express Server
- Deep understanding of data warehouse and various database models e.g. star schema, snowflake
- Develop ETL scripts and write PL/SQL code from the data model, dataflow diagram, and technical design specifications
- Ability to work on a wide variety of development needs from simple queries to complex queries and multidimensional analysis
- Ability to follow best coding standards practices
- Expert in performance tuning of ETL/SQL code
- Analyze and provide resolutions for production data issues
- HBO level thinking through education or experience/intelligence
ScanmarQED has a unique proposition: the advantages of a personal, highly innovative company combined with the challenges of international, top-notch customers. This means that you will work in an informal setting with a lot of personal attention and growth opportunities. We specialize in the area of Marketing Mix Modelling, Brand Health Guidance, and Revenue Management Software and Services. We are working with leading companies in their respective industries. We have offices in the UK, the USA, and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including color, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org