We are looking for a Full-stack Software Developer to work with our team in London and in collaboration with our Dutch team in Utrecht. You will help to develop the new ScanmarQED cloud-based software portfolio, implement data-intensive web applications and REST services in a microservices event-driven environment; integrate and test data ingestion and data processing modules with the applications.
The ideal candidate has a passion for back-end and front-end technologies and is confident working with C# and Angular. Effective software development skills are as important as well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
The Full-stack Software Developer reports to the Development Manager. We expect this candidate to be based in London.
What will you be doing:
- Participate in the development of all of ScanmarQED’s cloud-based software.
- Write Unit and Integration tests for the code developed.
- Review code from other members of the development team.
- Follow and adhere to best coding practices and patterns.
- Keep abreast of new trends and language improvements in frontend and backend development.
- Addressing issues by making code changes if necessary – these are collated into hotfixes of available releases as well as any ongoing development release.
- Communication with customers and consultants to clarify understanding of reported issues so they can be replicated.
- Attending all Scrum Events including the Daily Scrum where you’ll provide an update on issues you are progressing.
- Seeking advice and clarification on the most appropriate solutions from other members of the development team.
- Reporting to the Development Manager.
Skills, talents, and experience you'll need:
3 years of hands-on experience on the following:
- .Net framework or .Net core development using C#
- Unit testing
- Microservices Architecture and design patterns
- Git preferably using Bitbucket as a remote repository
- Continuous Integration with some exposure to Jenkins
We also value experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Cloud and event-driven development
- Databases, Data warehousing and/or Big Data
- Docker and/or Kubernetes
- TDD, BDD, DDD
- Experience with DevOps way of working
Level and type of education: Bachelors degree or higher.
- A good salary matching your knowledge and skills
- Discretionary bonus based on company and personal performance
- the possibility to work partially from home and flexibly
- 37.5-hour work-week
- 25 days holidays plus UK public holidays (based on full-time)
- Pension scheme with 5% employee, 3% employer with associated salary sacrifice option
- Company laptop
- An informal and driven culture
ScanmarQED has a unique proposition: the advantages of a personal, highly innovative company combined with the challenges of international, top-notch customers. This means that you will work in an informal setting with a lot of personal attention and growth opportunities. We specialize in the area of Marketing Mix Modelling, Brand Health Guidance, and Revenue Management Software and Services. We are working with leading companies in their respective industries. We have offices in the UK, the USA and the Netherlands.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Send your application to email@example.com