We are searching for a passionate, quality-orientated systems administrator. The main objective of this role is to look after all hardware, laptops, servers, and network infrastructure. The system administrator is responsible for delivering support to all colleagues on a basic set of software (OS, office, anti-virus, etc.). You will pro-actively do maintenance, automate configurations, and solve incidents.
The ideal candidate will be service orientated, resolutive, and methodical to find the root cause of problems and solve it. You will be a team player and capable of planning effectively.
We are looking for someone with initiative, who is curious and willing to learn new things and has good communication skills in Dutch and English. The ideal candidate for this role must be based in the Netherlands.
What you will be doing
- Provide first level support on general IT problems for all employees, we have offices in the Netherlands, UK, and the US
- Maintenance of our hosted platforms and devices (servers, Active Directory, local network, VPN, DNS, SSL certificates, security policies…)
- Monitoring of logs, servers and solutions (production and test environments), hardware usage, network, security, software, updates, antivirus, development tools, and environments
- Renewing and installing hardware
- Maintenance of user accounts and licenses
- Operational contact with our suppliers
- Plan and execute updates, backup, and security audits
- Enforce the application of security policies
- Automate repetitive tasks such as installations, colleague join/leave, test environments, etc.
- Propose and implement improvements to the systems and practices
Skills and Qualifications
- 2-4 years’ hands-on experience on the following:
- Windows and/or Linux administration (CLI is a plus
- Network administration
-LDAP or AD administration
- DevOps way of working
- Automation of tasks and scripting
- We also value experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of security analysis and pentest
- Experience with Docker or another containers technology
- Experience with configuration and IaC tools such as Chef, Ansible, Chocolatey, or Puppet
- Experience with high availability and resilient solutions
- Experience with monitoring and cluster management tools
- Level and type of education: HBO (level 6)/ associate degree (level 5) / MBO (level 4)
ScanmarQED has a unique proposition: the advantages of a personal, highly innovative company combined with the challenges of international, top-notch customers. This means that you will work in an informal setting with a lot of personal attention and growth opportunities. We specialize in the area of Marketing Mix Modelling, Brand Health Guidance, and Revenue Management Software and Services. We are working with leading companies in their respective industries. We have offices in the UK, the USA, and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer; we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including color, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org